30, 25, 40's, 50's, and 2am


So Preston and I both had birthdays last week. Preston hit the big 3-0 but doesn't seem too concerned! He says you're only as old as you feel, and that's pretty young these days! I'm not really concerned about 'my number' except for remembering it when I'm asked. Somehow after 25, it's all a blur, which probably isn't coincidentally the same year Jenna was a newborn.


We've had some really fun days lately. The weather gave us a reprieve from the cold for a couple days at the end of last week, so we got out and enjoyed temperatures in the 40's and 50's! On Thursday, Jenna and I enjoyed a MOPS playdate at a Gymnastics place in Ozark, but she especially loved playing with Chloe (of course). Preston took the girls out to ride bikes and play in the afternoon, and then Friday was Preston's birthday, which ended up being a flop. He got called-out and ended up spending his birthday in Las Vegas, but we really felt blessed to get the work. We had plans to let mom and dad have the girls that night, and I stuck with that plan and was able to thoroughly enjoy the time to myself. Saturday was FILLED with fun. The girls went to Jack's 5th Birthday party at Jump Mania and had an absolute blast. Carrie enjoyed the big kid slide much more than she tolerated the little kid area, but was at least content in there. Jenna had such a ball and I was wishing for an extra set of eyes at all times. The place is big and was filled with kids about the same size as her, so once in particular I was unaware of her exact location. Saturday night we celebrated our birthdays (without Preston, the birthday boy) with my family and Jenna especially enjoyed playing with 'Book-ie' and 'Gakob' She does love her older cousins!


So now we're dealing with a lot of coughing, sometimes simultaneously at 2am, from both girls, and hoping it's very short-lived. Everyone is ready for this cold winter to end and some warm temperatures to emerge. Preston is ready for steady work and paychecks, although we have never been in need or left hungry. The Lord is in control and we're walking by faith in this 'job' journey we're on right now. Life is hard (sometimes), but God is always good!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Merry Christmas 2025

Merry Christmas 2024

Kittens