Moving

     We are moving.  Moving 1000 miles away.  I have lived here my whole life.  I grew up, went to college, got married, and had three babies here.  My family and our friends that we love like family, are all here. 
     But it's time.  Time to move on to a life where we can live together as a family.  Where we can depend on Preston being home each night.  Where the girls can depend on Daddy being at every birthday party, school program, and ball game.  And that can't happen here. 
     So off we go on this adventure, on a path the Lord has laid out for us, with a peace that can't be explained.  But it's still sad in so many different ways.  I grieve for the friendships my girls have formed here.  I grieve for my own friendships I have formed here, for people who love us enough to pray for us, and pray with us.  I grieve the days I won't be able to go give my parents a hug, or drive 20 minutes to have lunch with them.  I grieve for what would have been, like our favorite Kindergarten teacher for Carrie.  But God is faithful.  He's faithful to comfort me when I need it, and He is faithful to give me friends when I need them.  He's faithful to give Carrie what she needs in Kindergarten, and He is faithful to give my girls the friends they need.
     But I have so much to be thankful for!  I have wonderful husband willing to give up a career he's worked very hard to attain, in order to be able to be present with his family.  We have so many family members and friends willing to walk the long distance road to maintain friendships, and so many waiting at the end of the road to welcome us to our new home.  Here are some pictures to help us never forget the blessings in the long road home.












 










 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Merry Christmas 2025

Merry Christmas 2024

Kittens