A Heavy Heart


This afternoon I write with a heavy heart as little Stellan McKinney is fighting for his life. He is a mere couple weeks younger than Carrie and has a heart condition that causes his heart to race at 230+ beats per minute. It's been regulated with medication since he was four months old, but it seems his body has started developing a tolerance for the drug, causing it to be ineffective. They planned this hospitalization to try a new drug regimen and the plan was abandoned when his heart started racing uncontrollably. This morning, they called-in the extended family because his condition had deteriorated beyond the doctors' expertise, but the Great Physician had another plan for Stellan; and that was to sustain him until at least this moment. They are air-ambulancing him to Boston Children's Hospital, probably as we speak, where a particular specialty doctor practices, in hopes of a solution. My heart aches for his mother as I imagine myself in her shoes. I know how delightful Carrie is and how much her personality is showing itself, and I can't imagine losing her. Stellan's mother wrote this morning It's bad. Our parents and families are on their way. I don't know what's happening. Stellan is in my arms. I can say I have never prayed so hard for someone I have never actually met. God, please sustain him!

Today is Daddy Day (I am working). I am so thankful for my girls - I can't wait to get home and hug 'em!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Merry Christmas 2025

Merry Christmas 2024

Kittens