Happy Anniversary and More Construction
Monday was our 7 year Anniversary - oh how time flies! It's hard to believe we're in amost the same place geographically, and yet we are so far from where we started. We now have two beautiful girls, who are the light of our lives. It's hard to remember life without them now. I'm pretty sure it was more relaxed but I won't go there! Preston is such a wonderful husband to me and a super daddy to our girls - I couldn't ask for more!!
Yesterday was yet another day in which we got quite a bit done on the basement. That must be the case until Friday rolls around, so we keep cranking. Yesterday I worked 930-2 and then went to pick up the toilet and faucet. Preston stayed home with the girls, but needed to go get some more tile and (something else) so Janae watched the girls while he ran around a little bit (HUGE HELP). Preston also called his uncle LeRoy to come up and help him, which he did, and that was also really great. Dad came over after work to help varnish, which turned into varnishing, cleaning the floor, and staining the rec room - dad is the stain master, super fast, so that was nice. Mom also came to help with the girls so I could be downstairs. Honestly, I'm not sure if it was nice because I could be downstairs, or if I was just enjoying a little break from baths and bedtime - it's so tiring sometimes...but I digress. It's interesting that Preston has been asking for help because normally he likes to do it all himself. I think the Lord is teaching him humility this week, and we are so excited that our basement will be completed very soon - two more days!!
Carrie's second tooth popped through yesterday. She is starting to get back to her crazy self. She enjoys sitting in her booster and removing the tray within the main tray. She's totally nuts. Jenna was swinging so high last night that her feet were touching the fence and she was loving it.
Carrie's second tooth popped through yesterday. She is starting to get back to her crazy self. She enjoys sitting in her booster and removing the tray within the main tray. She's totally nuts. Jenna was swinging so high last night that her feet were touching the fence and she was loving it.
Comments
Post a Comment